March, Tuesday Early Childhood art
In March we will have Tuesday art March 10, 17, 24 and 31st for Early Childhood learners.
Our themes for March will be dinosaurs, St. Patricks Day and the colour green.
- Dye and decorate Easter eggs.
- Mix colour into frosting and decorate our own cupcakes.
- Trace egg shapes on 300 gram paper, print patterns using the side of cardboard and cup caps, cut out the eggs, and then glue to a sheet of construction paper.
- Assemble green Spring chickens, so we can continue to talk about the colour green.
- Paint spring rabbit puzzles
- Finger paint Easter eggs.
- Continue to work on learning write our names with a variety of simple projects: stamping letters, using polymer clay, and a making a large colourful and simple name plate.
- Finger painting for fun! This will be primarily about sensory fun, colour mixing and experimentation.
- Paper Roll Craft, we will glue everything green we can find after painting our paper rolls green.
- Work on fine motor skills
- Color Recognition
- Finish decorating our papier-mache dinosaurs.
- Create a three-dimensional dinosaur craft.
- Watch an animated video about the story of St. Patrick and learn about the symbols and colors that represent St. Patricks Day.
- Make a friendship shamrock or 4 leaf clover by tracing, cutting and pasting simple shapes.
- Learn about dinosaurs by painting papier-mache forms.
- Create two-dimensional dinosaur collages.