Fall, 2015 Early Childhood Art
Tuesdays (15:30-17:30) and Wednesdays (15:30-17:30)
Projects will include cooperative art, age appropriate skill development, self-exploration, art play, vocabulary development and experimentation with materials. We will sometimes strive to make pretty pictures, and otherwise focus on exploration and allowing the children to do things on their own.
I will continue to develop project ideas throughout the term.
Projects will include….
September is “All about Me!” new friends, and clay!
- Cooperative art, Happy Face Mural
- Step by step finger painting and drawing : kids, faces, insects and animals.
- Learn to paint fast cars ( making shapes and fine motor skill development).
October Autumn leaves, pumpkins and apples.
- Cooperative art projects: Fall Quilt Mural & a Friendship Wreath.
- Halloween crafts (spider, black cat, bats, ghosts.. etc….)
- Simple drawing, tracing & colouring exercises.
- Pumpkin decorating
- Printing with corn on the cob, potatoes and other fall vegetables.
- Owl art
- Tree art ( using straws and watercolours)
- Candle craft
- Make pinch, coil and slab pots with toddler friendly modelling clay.
- Holiday crafts
- Baking and cookie decorating